On February 23, 2021, Dr. Gary North wrote a post on his website in which he released his books into Creative Commons 4.0. (His post about this is, strangely, only available to members of his website.) To honor this license, Axehead Press must provide a description of any changes we’ve made to Dr. North’s work. You can view a copy of the original work as it appeared when this Axehead Press edition was first produced here. The current official version of this book can be read here.
All Axehead Press editions seek to be rigorously faithful to the text produced by Dr. North, and nearly all of the changes to any of his books published by Axehead Press consist of very insignificant publishing house style changes.
Any of the changes below that end up being entered back into the official version available on Dr. North’s website will be removed from this changelog.
First Edition, August 2022
Axehead Press house style changes
- Shifted any text set in all caps to all small caps.
- Shifted the final period in block quotations of Scripture to before the parenthetical chapter and verse reference
- All citation information to any book currently published (or planned forthcoming) from Axehead Press was updated to reflect that edition.
- References to downloads from GaryNorth.com were reworked to normal citations.
- Dr. North used numerals in some of his later books to refer to the points of biblical covenant model; these have been changed to their spelled-out forms.
- Numeric ranges were converted from elided ranges to full numerals; for example, 193–96 became 193–196. Additionally, all instances of p. or pp. preceding page numbers were removed.
- All Arabic numerals in books of the Bible were converted to Roman numerals (except in quoted material).
- All parenthetical Bible references were abbreviated.
- When a decade was given with an apostrophe, such as 1930’s, this apostrophe was removed.
Global changes throughout this title
- Added a subtitle to the book.
- Added a Scripture Index to the book.
- Any obvious typos were corrected.
- Lowercase references to specific chapters were capitalized.
- In places, Dr. North would reference the Pillars and categories/sections inconsistently; these have been standardized to Pillar X, Section Y format. (In his other books, Dr. North always referred to subsections as Sections, not Categories.)
Specific changes throughout this title
- In Chapter 1:B, Dr. North’s statement of “publishing the typeset, indexed two volumes of Christian Economics: Scholar’s Edition” was gently reworded to reflect the slight title update that will be given to this forthcoming Axehead Press title, and that by “published” Dr. North meant “uploaded to his website” as he phrased it in other places.
- In Chapter 3:A, Dr. North’s parenthetical comment referencing Dominion and Common Grace was moved to a footnote because for typesetting purposes.
- In Chapter 3:C, Pareto’s law and Price’s law were in boldface type to single them out as terms Dr. North was defining or discussing. These were changed to italics.
- In Chapter 4, Conclusion, footnote 2 at the end of the sentence referring to the hymn “O How I Love Thy Law” was removed as it was a dead bit.ly link, and the hymn in question could not easily be determined. Additionally, it appears that the sentence referring to this hymn was missing a word or two, so “any more” was added to clarify the sentence. Additionally, the two hymn titles were placed in quotes rather than italics.